Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DO I NEED PHYSICAL THERAPY?

Q: I tend to be one of those people who waits for aches and pains to go away, while my training partner heads to see her physical therapist or chiropractor when she’s hurting. How do I know when to go and when not to?
A: For starters, learn to recognize the difference between pain and soreness. Muscles get sore after a workout because you’ve torn them down and, so long as you haven’t overdone it, they will rebuild themselves bigger and stronger. If the soreness is mild, it’s fine to continue exercising that week so long as you warm up with some dynamic stretching. Sore muscles are part of the process, but painful tendons are not. If your tendons, which fasten muscle to bone, get inflamed it’s time to back off exercise. If the pain is sharp and doesn’t go away after 12 to 48 hours of ice, it’s time to call your therapist. If the pain limits your range of motion, and is accompanied by numbness or swelling, get it checked out.

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your work. I am very impressed by this post. I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info. Thanks...EECP Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative article, which you have shared here . After reading your article I got very much information and it is very useful for us. back pain clinic Scottsdale AZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very thankful to you for sharing this excellent knowledge. This information is helpful for everyone. So please always share this kind of information. Thanks. Red light therapy device for face

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this article, it is really informative one. Your way of writing and making things clear is very impressive. Thanking you for such an informative article.psychologist tools for online counseling

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your post and got it quite informative. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here. Psychedelic Psychotherapy Training institute

    ReplyDelete
  11. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the best data and recommendations, it is exceptionally overall quite valuable to us. I appreciate the work that you have partaken in this post. Continue to share these sorts of articles here.Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment in KL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to thank you for sharing such great post about Therapy Tool Online. The post is really informative, as it contains some instructive knowledge. Thanks for sharing it.emotion cards for therapy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you Get for more information net physics coaching near me

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! Best Physical Therapy Tables service provider.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Brazilian Butt Lift surgery will lift up and enhance the roundness of the butt. Botcho cream

    ReplyDelete